Wednesday, November 7, 2007

If you feel froggy - LEAP


I am a tall statuesque African American woman. I don't look like Halle Berry, but I am quite attractive, even if I say so myself. Deep dark complexion with reddish undertones. No I am not a bone, shapely in all of the right places. My point is this, I catch guys of various ethnicity's checking me out all day, so why don't they have the courage to say something, ANYTHING.

I hear a lot of talk about African American women being resistant to the idea of dating a non-AA male. I don't know where this is coming from. I am single and have loads of single healthy attractive bw friends, and they are ready and willing, they are confronted with the same dilemma that I am confronted with. The wm or non-bm will not take that leap of faith.

What is the worse thing that could happen......She's married. She has a boyfriend. She is not interested. Please remember that many bw are very traditional and would never make the first move. If you approach her in a respectful manner I think you might be surprised at the response.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think this is very true, however, I think some people might be turned off by the negative stereotypes that are associated with black woman. In being an African-American identified woman, I agree with you in saying take that leap. Don't judge a book by its cover, but on the flip.. for the women out there.. if you see something you want the go for it. Be confident, classy, sassy, and most of all be you!

Aud Rey said...

I have asked a guy out once. NEVER AGAIN. I am traditional. My family's African and I would never just go up to a guy. Lots of WM bloggers b---- and moan about BW not giving them a chance. My question is this: are non BW doing any asking? I do notice looks, but the only men who openly flirt with me a Latino men and none ever ask me out.

Anonymous said...

I think the men should just make the first move because like you said most black women are traditional.